Law Enforcement keeps the city clean from all the criminals. To see current criminals in-game, you can type /suspects (/sus) for low wanted players (ticketable) and /criminals (/war) to see all criminals who have 4+ wanted level(arrestable/ can be taken down).
Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) can issue a ticket to players with /ticket (/tk) [USERNAME/ID*] command and arrest with /arrest (/ar) [USERNAME/ID*] command. LEO can also use MMB (Middle Mouse Button) to arrest and ticket criminals on foot, suspects can also be ticketed from vehicle by pressing 2. Law-enforcement officer can NOT shoot yellow (ticketable) players for no reason!
*If you don't type any username or ID after /ar or /tk, it'll automatically choose cloest person.
NB! Cops may NOT shoot innocent players (white) or ticketable players (yellow) for no reason!
Becoming Law enforcement officer
To become a Law enforcement officer, you must pass a cop exam. After you pass the exam, you're free to be cop(street cop, others require higher cop rank). You'll start with cop rank 0.
NB! You may NOT ask for help during the exam! Also you may not help the person who is asking for help!
Police Commands / Features
- Communicating with other cops with /cm [TEXT](/copmsg) command.
- Search players for drugs with /search [USERNAME/ID] command, if drugs are found, player will lose his drugs and get low wanted level(become ticketable).
- Request backup with /backup (/bk) command, all cops in the area will be notified about your request.
- Cuff players with /cuff [USERNAME/ID] command (player has to have at least 1 wanted level).
- Add different sirens to your vehicle with /siren command. Any cop can add Police Siren to your vehicle, but Undercover Siren (on roof or dashboard) can only be added by FBI, CIA and Sheriffs.
- Report players for commiting crimes with /report (/rp) [USERNAME/ID] [REASON]. This can be used from cop rank 3. Reason for /rp must be valid reason and may not abuse it with invalid reasons.
- Street cops (only) can parole people out of jail with /parole [USERNAME/ID] command.
- Visual contact criminals, with /visualcontact (/vc) [USERNAME/ID*] command. Visual contact can also be reported by pressing 2 from vehicle. /vc will notify other LEO's about the criminal, during the /vc, criminal's blip will flash, until visual contact is lost. Extra about visual contacting:Type /help > Visual Contacting(18) in-game.
- Road blocks (/rb) and /drag (dragging players out of and into vehicles): Can only be used by SWAT members.
*If you don't type any username or ID after /vc, it'll automatically choose closest person.
Cop rank can be increased by doing cop work. Every time you do cop work you can see progress bar under the deathlist.
Cop rank is used to unlock other cop classes, stun gun / taser and /rp command. If you have cop rank 8 you can apply for becoming swat (see SWAT for more info).
You can see your cop rank with /rank command in-game and stats by typing /stats (/sts) > Police Statistics(4) to see your cop stats and rank.
Cop rank is calculated using the formula Arrests + Arrest_Assists + Takedowns + ((Tickets_Issued + Tickets_Collected) / 2) + Players_Searched + Extra Police Work.
Extra police work / skill bonuses
Extra police work is like extra credit. This adds to your cop rank.
Currently only 3 cop skills can gain this:
Sheriff: Arresting / taking down players in the country side or desert areas. Army: Taking down players (extra money is also received for this). SWAT: Arresting players (extra money is also received for this).
Stun gun / taser
Stun gun and taser are unlocked from cop rank 3. It can be accessed by pressing N. You can change between Stun gun and Taser from Police Department desk. While you have stun gun / taser enabled, you can not access your weapons, other than taser.
To use stun gun, enable it(by pressing N, you should see taser in your hand), punch a player who has atleast 1 wanted level.
To use taser, enable it(by pressing N), you'll get silenced pistol with 1 ammo. Shoot a player(Doesn't work too far) and he'll get tased and your taser will be disabled.
All Points Bulletin
APB is given when 5+ cops are in visual contact(/vc) with a criminal, all APB's are shown in /criminals(/war) and all cops will be notified if APB is issued to a criminal. If you arrest / takedown or assist someone who is APB, you'll get extra money.
Dirty/Good cop feature
Cop activities can be either good or dirty. Good cop activities gives +1 score and dirty cop activities -1 score. Every few good cop activity helps to get higher cop rank, dirty cop activities allow you to unlock corrupt cops. Corrupt cops can be unlocked from 100(Jimmy Hernandez), 500(Eddie Pulaski) and 1000(Frank Tenpenny) dirty cop activities. Corrupt cops do not lose score doing dirty cop activities.
Good Cop Activities:
- Securicar Delivery
- Refusing Bribes
- Saving kidnapped hostages
Dirty Cop Activities:
- Innocent Manslaughter
- Illegal Drug Trafficking
- Illegal Weapon Trafficking
- Securicar Money Theft
- Leaving Ticketed Players
- Accepting Bribes
- Harvesting Drugs
- Illegal Street Racing
Police refill/Law enforcement classes
Police refill is used to get health, armor, weapons, vehicles and repairing any cop vehicle for free. It can be found from any police department. Police Departments can be located with /gps > Select a Destination(1) > Law Enforcement(6) > Choose police department. It is also located in Area 69.
Different police classes/teams get different weapons and vehicles. Higher the cop rank, more ammo you'll get.
- Street Cop - Cop rank 0 - Weapons refill: Based on rank
- Sheriffs - Cop rank 2 - Weapons refill: Nitestick, colts, shotguns (based on rank), conty rifle, sniper
- FBI - Cop rank 3 - Weapons refill: Colts, micro SMG(UZI, or MP5 - Totally random), m4, sniper
- Army - Cop rank 5 - Weapons refill: Desert eagle, combat shotgun, TEC-9, AK-47, parachaute
- SWAT - Cop rank 8 - Must apply on forums - Weapons refill: Desert eagle, combat shotgun, mp5, m4, sniper
- CIA - Cop rank 10 - Weapons refill: Silenced pistol, sawn-off shotgun, mp5, sniper - Invisible on minimap